UTS Careers Blog Wrapped: Our best career advice of 2022
What is the career advice you need to know? Of all the posts on the UTS Careers blog, how do you know which ones to read?
If you’re struggling with either of these questions, this blog post can help you. We’ll be reflecting back on 2022, highlighting our best posts, our staff picks, and also revealing some fun stats about our lovely readers (that’s you, by the way). So kick back, relax, and check out our year in review.
This year, our blog helped a whole lot of people with their career… 28,884, to be exact. We hope that whoever you are, our advice could help you out!
Our top post genres
The top most-read genres on our blog were:
Of all the posts we put out, these were the most read:
- Automatic rejection for your job application? Here’s why
- Forget the fear of failure: Embracing change with Naby Mariyam
- Building connections and making a difference
- How SMART goals will help you feel like a genius
- How to Make it Shine in your next internship
Read them for yourself and find out why they’re our top-hits!
These five posts were some of our staff favourites:
- If you sparkle I sparkle: the benefits of celebrating others’ success
- Fitting in(stitutions) while Black
- Don’t listen to TikTok and don’t quit quietly
- How to pivot your career direction mid-degree
- Getting your foot in the door
We definitely recommend checking these out, too!
Thanks for reading
Whether you are reading our blog for the first time or are a series regular, we’d like to extend a big thank you. We hope that this blog has been helpful in your career journey.
Amelia is a Sydney-based writing and communications enthusiast working at UTS Careers as a Communications Assistant. She is a current UTS Student, studying a Bachelor of Communications (Creative Writing & Advertising), and a Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation. She is passionate about creativity, storytelling, and the art of a well-timed gif, and has a vast collection of crazy socks.