9 Quotes For When You’re Having A Bad Week
It’s one of those weeks: it’s raining every day, the buses are packed full of wet, irritable commuters whose bags keep bumping into your head every time you turn a corner, and all you want to do is curl up in bed and pretend this week never happened. Instead, you’re heading in to uni or work, battling with your dollar store umbrella, while last night’s leftovers slowly leak in your bag because in your rush to leave the house you forgot to close the container properly. Yep, one of those weeks.
To help get you through (because heaven knows, we’ve all been there), here are a few words of motivation from some inspiring people and characters.
1. For when all your friends are (seemingly) getting their dream jobs, and you’re still struggling to figure out how your washing machine works
My, what beautiful blossoms we have this year. But look, this one’s late. But I’ll bet when it blooms, it will be the most beautiful of all. – Fa Zhou (Mulan’s dad), (Mulan)
2. For when members of your group assignment do absolutely nothing and make you question your faith in humanity
Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution.- Deepak Chopra
3. For when someone at work steals your idea as their own
It ain’t about how hard you hit: it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. – Rocky Balboa (Rocky Balboa)
4. For when you’ve got a job interview and have managed to convince yourself there’s no way you’ll possibly get the job, and you’re almost too nervous to even show up
What I came to realise is that fear, that’s the worst of it. That’s the real enemy. So, get up, get out in the real world and you kick [it] as hard as you can right in the teeth. – Walter White (Breaking Bad)
5. For when the job you really wanted goes to someone else
You can’t see it now, but that thing you didn’t get will someday be the best thing you never had. Let it go. Better is coming. – Mandy Hale
6. For when you forgot to do this week’s readings and your teacher calls on you in class
The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers. – M Scott Peck
7. For when your bus is a no-show, making you late for work, and when you finally arrive your co-worker shoots you a greasy
There are some people who always seem angry and continuously look for conflict. Walk away from these people. The battle they’re fighting isn’t with you, it’s with themselves. — Rashida Rowe
8. For when you make a mistake at your new job, and sit there praying for the ground to swallow you whole.
Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something. – Jake the Dog (Adventure Time)
9. For when it’s Friday arvo, and you’ve got absolutely zero motivation to do any work
You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand. – Woodrow Wilson
Need more inspiration? Check out this awesome illustration featuring quotes from fictional characters!
Featured image courtesy of Pexels.
By Mia Casey